Let’s face it –– this quarantine thing is getting old. Doing the same thing every day is not only boring but also not good for you or your family’s health.
To help you mix things up and keep your family engaged, Coupon Chief put together some fun printables you can do at home to pass the time and bond as a family. They’ve also rounded up nearly 100 other ideas to keep you busy at home! Check them out below.
Things to do with your kids
Nobody has a harder time sitting still than little ones. Keep their minds engaged and learning with some of the activities below.
- Have a board game tournament. No cheating!
- Play online jigsaw puzzles
- Play a game of indoor hide and seek.
- Draw your family tree on the poster board.
- Make a pillow fort in the living room. No parents allowed!
- Create a scavenger hunt for household items.
- Create a kid’s emergency kit and talk about being prepared.
- Play dress up using mom and dad’s clothes.
- Make paper airplanes. For older kids, talk about what makes airplanes fly!
- Make ice cream sundaes.
- Build an entire Lego city, then destroy it!
- Visit the animals at the San Diego Zoo via live cam (click here to view the live cams).
- Take out some instruments or make your own using pots and pans.
Things to do with your spouse
Quality family time also means giving your spouse some attention! Use the ideas below to inspire some fun activities you and your partner can do together once the kids are asleep.
- Have a romantic dinner picnic on the living room floor.
- Try a new recipe and cook together.
- Plan a “date night” and dress up like you’re going out.
- Play a flirty game together, like Finish My Sentences.
- Watch each other’s favorite films.
- Use your fireplace or stovetop to make s’mores.
- Give each other massages using essential oils or lotion.
- Create a travel bucket list of places you’d love to visit.
- Challenge each other to a video game tournament.
- Set up a virtual double date with your closest couple friends.
Things to do by yourself
Nothing about this time in our lives is easy. It’s stressful, scary, and emotionally draining. That’s why it’s so important to take care of yourself right now, even if just for a few minutes a day.
- Put your partner on kid duty and take a long nap.
- Read one chapter of a book every day.
- Give yourself a relaxing mani-pedi.
- Follow along with a YouTube yoga video.
- Watch an episode of your favorite Netflix show.
- Do some guided meditation using Headspace or Calm.
- Try a craft like making paper flowers.
- Bake up a storm in the kitchen.
- Download a coloring app or order a coloring book.
- Take a walk around the neighborhood.
- Play a game of Solitaire.
Times are tough, but that doesn’t mean the time you have is wasted. There are still plenty of ways to entertain yourself and your family while strengthening relationships, encouraging creativity, and practicing self-love. Stay strong, everyone!