Those cranky days and sleepless nights that make your night miserable, have you ever experienced so? If not, then maybe you’re not a parent yet.
If you ever get time, then sit with your friend or relative who has a kid and asks them about the sleepless nights they’ve spent. Huff! It’s so tiring
There are two situations wherein parents experience sleepless nights. One when the baby is just born and the other when there is teething.
It is the time when the teeth start erupting in the baby. The process begins with the lower front two teeth erupting followed by the upper front two teeth. Kids experience this around the age of 6 months and get very cranky during this time.
There are various signs and symptoms through which you will know that your child is going through teething such as:
- Chewing random objects
- Tender Gums
- Low-grade fever
Because they become over cranky and irritated, it becomes extremely important to sooth them. For this many time, the parents give their child over-the-counter medication or product which can be both harmful and dangerous.
It is very important to consult your dentist if your child faces any of the above issues. They will guide you well as to what all products or medications are to be used. Some people also go for teething jewelry which is a very dangerous option and should be avoided under any circumstances.
The best way as suggested by your dentist are as follows:
- Rub your baby’s gums – Massage your baby’s gum with clean fingers or clean cotton cloth or a gauze pad. The pressure that you will put at the time of massage will ease the discomfort of your baby.
- Cool Play – Using something cold can also soothe your baby’s gums. Use a cold washcloth or chilled teething ring to soothe the irritating gums of the baby. But make sure that you do not hand them something frozen.
- Hard Food a must – Giving hard food surely helps. Give your baby chilled cucumber to chew or even a carrot will help. But be really careful. Because these foods are to swallow there are chances of choking. Be near your baby when they are into this process.
- Keep the drool dry – During the process of teething, the baby will drool a lot. Moreover, using the above-mentioned ways will increase the saliva content in your baby’s mouth. if this is the case make sure that you clean the drool with a soft cotton cloth or moisturize the area often.
- Over-the-counter Remedy – You can consult with your dental practitioner and get your child over-the-counter medications that will soothe their irritation.
There is nothing to worry about though. The symptoms as stated above can easily be resolved. But in case your child gets over cranky or the fever does not come down, then please do visit the pediatric dentist.
Like you take care of your baby’s every little need, it is also important to look after their dental need. As soon as the first teeth erupt take your baby to the children dentist and make a pact to visit them regularly.
Keep the teeth of your baby clean using the soft cotton cloth. As soon as your child turns 3 or learn to spit make sure that, you teach them how to brush. Give them toothpaste not more than the size of the rice grain and make them brush their teeth.
Your kid’s dental care is equally important. Look for a best pediatric dentist near me and take your child for a regular check-up to ensure that they maintain a good Oral Care.